About the Department
The Lopatcong Township Public Works Department has various duties and responsibilities. Regardless of the weather conditions, every effort is made to accomplish our list of tasks. Residents cooperation is essential to the effectiveness of the department. Some of our work is part of a master plan for the year dealing with capital improvements. The remainder of our activities are dictated by conditions within the township, and the requests and concerns that are generated by the township residents.
Under the direction of town council, the Department of Public Works manages all aspects of public works and public works construction within the township. A general list of our duties are as follows:
- General road maintenance: patching, paving, and sealing
- Erect street signs, regulatory signs, and other township identifications
- Maintain storm sewers
- Tree maintenance: pruning, planting, removal
- Snow removal: roads and township walkways, speading anti-skid materials
- Lawn maintenance of township property
- Assist and support other township departments, groups, and agencies
The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance of all “township owned” roads. County and state owned roads are maintained by those entities. You may call the Department of Public Works to ascertain the responsible government unit for specific roads.
Snow Emergency Information